Monday, October 26, 2009

Insomnia (again.... again....)

Hey Guys,

It's 4am here in Cincinnati and I can't sleep. It's about that time in my cycle that the side effects from the steroids start hitting, so I'm a ravenous insomniac. I was thinking about running to the kitchen to grab a snack (maybe that would help?) but I don't want to start night eating!! I'm already eating to the point of stomach aches during the day - I can't imagine how I'd feel if I started eating in the nighttime too... The weird part is that I'm craving a McMuffin. Especially weird because I never, ever eat fast food... (although I did eat half a box of Kraft Mac & Cheese this afternoon...)

I also started getting some vein pain again today - I haven't had any since my last cycle, but I think this is about the time it started up before. Fortunately it only lasts a couple days, but it's such a strange sensation. It feels like my veins are shorter than the rest of my arms or something, and every time I bend my wrists or elbows they're stretching. Although, that makes it sounds a lot more painful than it really is - it's not so bad, I'd compare it to a pulled muscle or something. Irritating, but it's not going to stop me from getting around.

I'm kind of dreading this week a little bit because my counts are expected to drop on Tuesday, so I'm anticipating being stuck at home a lot. My mom and I have plans to go apple-buying at a local apple farm, and I'm really excited about that - plus I want to go see Where the Wild Things Are, so we'll probably do that. Unfortunately, my count usually stay low for a week or so, so I'm probably going to miss Halloween - I'd hoped to be able to get up to Berea or Columbus or something, but I'm hoping maybe Tyler will come down to visit or that James will come over for a fire - I can't even hand out candy if my counts are low! I also feel bad about being home all week because Brian's still pretty sick, and he's stuck in his room all the time so he doesn't "contaminate" the house (so I don't get the flu as well...) I'm hoping he's not getting depressed, and if I can't go to class, that means more time that he has to stay in his room... I hope he feels better soon, because I also want to go see Zombieland with him - no one else in the family wants to see it, so I was hoping we'd get to go some afternoon after he gets home from school.

I should probably get back to trying to sleep - I've just turned Law & Order: SVU on - it's the only thing on this early (late?) with the exception of infomercials and (strangely enough) Cable in the Classroom on MTV. Andrew's radio show starts at 5, so if I'm still up then, I know what I'll be doing!

Lots of Love,
Lauren

4 comments:

  1. I feel for you ... those steroids suck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was up till 4am that night too, well different timezones. Not sure what my reason is, as I have always had strange sleeping patterns.

    Instead of midnight snacking, which I do sometimes (tis naughty), I try to have a hot chocolate :) Then spray my pillow with lovely perfume or something that smells nice. It doesn't send you to sleep, but at least its relaxing and that is some rest at least.

    Mine wasn't a confirmed case of swineage, as they make you do a questionaire over the phone or internet, to stop people coming into doctors surgeries and then you are issued with a voucher to get the tamiflu.

    First two days on the tamiflu was awful, because if you don't eat, then you puke or retch! That is not nice at all, so make sure Brian eats something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there! thanks for checking out my blog :) the boots are unbelievably comfortable!! Very easy to walk in!! doesn't feels like wearing heels at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear this, it can be tough. I too get that way at times, its a bad cycle. I have taken up meditation it has worked greatly in helping me sleep. I wish you the very best. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I love the title of your blog :)

    http://inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete