Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cupcake Masters

Hey Guys,

Since I'm still housebound, nothing particularly exciting happened today, but James did come by for a visit (finally he didn't have to work ALL DAY!) and we made some master cupcakes for his family  mine. We had originally planned on baking a pie, but obviously you can't split a pie in two (at least not easily) so I made the executive decision to bake cupcakes from scratch - icing and all! We found some awesome cupcake papers with glow-in-the-dark ghosts on them (ideal for finding them in the dark when sneaking into the kitchen for a late-night snack) but for some reason couldn't find Halloween sprinkles ANYWHERE! Maybe because Halloween's only a couple days away...

We used the recipe for white cake from the Joy of Cooking (my favorite go-to cookbook - the copy I have in my apartment is such a mess, full of spills & post-it notes from previous experiments) and the recipe from cream cheese frosting. Yum! They were PERFECT!
















Lots of Love,
Lauren

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren.
    You are an inspiration to all!!!! You are definitely rocking your look. Good luck with your hat shopping.
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD GOD THOSE CUP CAKES LOOK BEAAAAAAUUUUITUFL!! few lines down this post i found myself drooling.. hehe.. looks nice.. and now thanks to this post im hungry.. yummy yumm.. spoils of being home-bound.. hehe.. i buy chocolate cup cakes from the bakery near by when i get that need for the buzz. how i envy you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauren! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for making me aware of your amazing site. Yes, we are Cincinnati sisters!!! I used to live in NKY and have since moved to Montgomery area and have been there about 2 years now. I'd love to keep hearing from you so please keep visiting :)

    btw - I want to eat all of your cupcakes...! yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man those look delicious! I have a crazy cupcake obsession - I even have one of those Cupcake Couriers. I have a bunch of fun recipes if you ever need something new to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum I love cupcakes :) these are super cute!

    Thanks for the comment, your blog is really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow those are amazing cupcakes ... the pictures look so good I can almost taste them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to eat ALL of those; I won't settle on just one.

    ReplyDelete