Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Professors are Cool

Hey Guys,

So today was my second day back to school after my week-long involuntary hiatus, and I really like my German Song Lit class A LOT. The professor is so knowledgeable, and it goes really fast because we never really take a break from note-taking, and there are musical examples interspersed. I feel like I've learned a lot, and I've only actually made it to two classes so far!

My professor is so nice about me being out of class. He's hooked me up with another kid in the class who he knows is a good student and takes good notes, so I always have someone to go to if I've missed class and need some notes. I'm especially thankful for that because there's SO much information and I don't want to be relying on someone who might not write down everything I need to know!

I had my first piano lesson today as well. I was kind of nervous because I haven't had a piano lesson in almost two years (or really even played piano much more than plunking out melodies to learn music). It wasn't so bad - I'm REALLY rusty, but as the lesson went on, things started getting a lot better.

I've had a lot of congestion the past few days, so I called Debbie this morning because I was worried about getting a cold or flu and not being able to go visit Cleveland this weekend (or worse: not being able to get chemo on Monday). She assured me that since I don't have a cough or fever, it's probably just allergies... I'm hoping that's the case, and I'm a little less sniffly than I was this morning, so we'll see what happens! I'm going to try a different allergy medicine and see if that helps!

I'm also going in on Thursday to have another Pulmonary Function Test (remember - the one where it looks like I was sitting in a phone booth? haha) and an EKG/Echo before my next treatment. I hate the PFT because it's so time-consuming and all the extreme breathing always makes me feel like I'm going to either burst out laughing or wet my pants! The EKG/Echo only takes about 15 minutes, but it involves the ultrasound gel, so it's a huge mess...

Finally, Winnie has been helping me with this post by sitting on my lap and occasionally batting at the screen when the mouse moves too much. She's growing up to be a pretty well-behaved cat (unlike the maniac she was as a kitten!)

siamese on computer @ papergownsupermodel

Lots of Love,
Lauren

4 comments:

  1. wow. so your cat has finally got comfy with your mouse( on your laptop) . hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.nice pic and..yeah.pretty good blog writeup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I just found your site. My son, Isaac, is 10 and has a brain tumor. I love your cat picture. So glad she "helps" you with your posts. Isaac's kitty is much the same way....and he meow constantly until you give him the attention he wants. :-)
    Take care,
    Karen
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/isaachatfield

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winnie is so cute! That class sounds like fun, too; glad you're enjoying it.

    Today I did a project on Osvaldo Golijov and his St. Mark Passion and Ainadamar. I love his music, and I know you got to work on it at Cincinnati Opera this summer. That must have been extraordinarily awesome.

    I'm looking at coming to Cleveland for the weekend of Halloween; I'd definitely love to try and see you then (even if that involves a long drive)! Let me know if you're available then.

    I miss you!
    -Hillary

    ReplyDelete