Thursday, August 6, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Hey Guys,

I'm back in Cincinnati - a little earlier than planned, but due to Tyler's car troubles and a family emergency with Katie, I ended up not having anything to do last night, so I decided to drive home.

Katie - I want you to know that I'm thinking about your Grandma, and I hope that everything turns out as well as possible! If you ever need to talk or if you have any questions about anything, please feel free to call me! I hope you can make it down to Cincinnati, but definitely stay home if your family needs you!

I had a great time in Berea/Oberlin - the drive up was boring (as usual) but it was fantastic to be back for a few days. I got to see a lot of Madeline, Vanessa, Ben, and Will, as well as a return to Maya (best mexican restaurant EVER - I miss it so much when I'm at home!) I also was able to go and spend some time in Oberlin with Matt & his roommates, which was massive amounts of fun (also as usual)

I was worried on my way up - I was having some issues with the tingling/burning in my legs, which got a little worse (it's mostly gone now, but I'm going to have to talk to my doctor about it when I get back to Children's on Monday) and my hands have been shaking so bad lately that I've been having trouble opening my pill bottles, putting on makeup, typing, dialing the phone, etc... For a few days, it was terrible all day long (Matt kept asking if I was nervous because my hands were visibly shaking so much) but now it's the worst in the morning, and mostly tapers off as the day goes on. I'm hoping they'll be able to give me something to calm that down a little bit, because it's really frustrating, especially with the typing and phone usage. I'm also anticipating a little bit of trouble with piano playing this fall once classes start (still waiting to hear back, though...)

I got really sad last night when I was leaving - it sucks a lot not being able to go back to school for the fall. As much as I know that it's not always fun when I'm in classes, I still really, really want to be going back. It'll be hard once I know that everyone is back for the semester and I'm stuck at home in Cincinnati...

Finally, I was on msn today and was reading Dear Prudence on Slate Magazine and came across this question, which made me really sad... (it's the third question in the article). It made me so thankful for all of the unwavering support I get from my family and all of you guys. Thanks for everything.

Lots of Love,
Lauren

ps Thanks to Holly to all of the great advice in comments you've left! I don't know how to reply to comments that people leave, but I wanted to let you know that I'm reading and appreciating them!

pps I'll be back up to Berea the week of August 30, when everyone will be back! There are a bunch of you who weren't in town that I REALLY want to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment