Monday, January 11, 2010

First Day of School

Hey Guys,

Today was my first day back at BW. I've been having a LOT of anxiety about moving out of my parents' house and back to my apartment in Cleveland (even if it is only four hours away & temporary). I keep having this irrational fear that I'm not going to be able to handle going to class and living on my own, even though I've done it for four years!! I had a little bit of crying on Saturday and Sunday, and a little bit this afternoon. All in all, though, the day went pretty well. I don't have class until noon on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and not until 10 on Tuesday and Thursday. It's nice to know that I don't have to wake up early every day. One more semester of sleeping in until I (hopefully) find a job.

Tomorrow I'm meeting with my advisor to go over the bit of work I've done on my thesis and to make a plan so I can get the rest of it finished as efficiently as possible. I'm hoping that I've got enough work done on it, but if not, I'm only taking 12 credits this semester, so I'll have plenty of time to work on it. I'm also taking my first (and only) night class - it's a class I've been wanting to take, but it only meets once a week so it's 2.5 hours long!!! Tonight my professor went a half hour over, so I didn't get out til 9:30 - I hope this doesn't happen every week!!

I'm off to bed now, but I hope everyone who's starting school is having a good back-to-class!

Lots of Love,
Lauren


ps check out the hair - it's getting a little thicker!!



3 comments:

  1. Love the hair and the sweater! My hair has popped in full force and is looking like an afro. I'm so excited I can't contain it. HAIR :)

    You look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair really does look great. And don't worry about being on your own, change is always scary, even if it's just changing back to something you already know. You'll get used to it fast. I'm starting to go through the same thing with the end of my treatment (hopefully) coming soon. I want to get out of the house, but I'm scared to be out on my own for good. I went away to college, but it's a whole different ballgame out there in the real world.

    ReplyDelete