Wednesday, July 29, 2009

3 am?!?

Hey Guys,

Apparently I have insomnia... it's 3am and the only thing on tv is infomercials and Whose Wedding Is It Anyway? on the Style Channel...

My summer officially began today - my internship is over (which I'm pretty sad about), and now I have almost two months to relax before classes (hopefully) start at UC on September 23rd. I've sent out emails to several professors about taking their classes in the fall, and now I'm just crossing my fingers that everything gets approved and works out the way I'm hoping it will!

This past week was pretty rough - definitely the worst one so far. I had a lot of nausea and joint pain, and I was exhausted most of the time, but I'm hoping that the next one won't be as bad since I'll be able to sleep a lot more and not be working. Also, with the new nausea medicine they gave me all figured out, I'm looking forward to being able to take it before I start feeling sick instead of after. I still don't fell 100% back to normal, but definitely much, much better than I was at this time last week. I actually had to go home early from work one day, which was really disappointing since it was the last week and there was a lot going on.

In better news, the prescription my doctor wrote for the hot flashes FINALLY kicked in, so I'm not sweating profusely and turning bright red every hour, which is awesome... hot flashes really aren't that attractive...

Molly and Dan got married this weekend - the wedding was so beautiful! They got married at Lake Lyndsay in Hamilton, which is about 45 minutes west of my house here in Cincinnati. The ceremony was supposed to be outside, but it rained all day so it was moved into the hall where the reception was being held. Despite the move, everything went really smoothly and the ceremony ended up being perfect and wonderful! I still can't believe that Molly's married! We had a small fiasco at our table when *someone* (me) knocked the cake over while cutting it... fortunately, each table had small individual cakes as opposed to one big fancy cake for the whole reception, so there wasn't too much damage, and not too many people noticed (of course the bald girl has to be the one to cause a scene!)

I should probably get going - now it's 3:17 and my mom just came in telling me that it's after 3am and my light is keeping her awake...

Also, I wanted to remind all you Clevelanders that I'll be in town Monday-Thursday/Friday, so let me know if you're available - I'd love to see all of you! Anyone in Columbus, I'll be driving through late morning on Monday and either Thursday night or Friday morning...

See you soon!

Lots of love,
Lauren

ps Sydney posted this on her facebook today, and I loved it so much I feel the need to pass it along to all of you...



No comments:

Post a Comment